Economic statistics and demographics
Start or grow a business, gain market intelligence, resources or support. We’re the perfect community for you to do amazing things. A leader in industrial development, and committed to diversification. Find out more about Strathcona County’s advantages.
Find local information to help your business make smarter, faster, better decisions - and learn what makes Strathcona County the best choice for investment. This Business and Investment Intelligence Tool will help your business access valuable information about the local economy, customers, and competition. You may also access individual subjects of interest with the twelve feature tiles below.
Review statistics, taxes, incentives, trends
Discover the research, benchmarks, performance
Research your demographics, location, number
Analyze your location, size, employees
Uncover local growth areas, development activity
Identify residential, commercial, industrial areas
Examine flooding, contours, and sensitive areas
Evaluate occupations, education, and location
Identify education, health, emergency buildings
Identify traffic, transit, parking information
Locate water, waste, drainage needs
Search available location for sale, lease
Find further assistance, contacts
- We will see growth in the range of 2% GDP for Strathcona County
- Housing prices will remain firm pricing around $450,000 for single family dwelling
- Rents will be competitive around $1,500 to $2,000 per month with more choices
- Our economy is showing signs of diversification, especially in value added products
- There will be more petrochemical projects announced in 2018
- At least two rate hikes by Bank of Canada and two bank rate hikes by the United States Federal Reserve
For more information, read the monthly Economic Update (5.1 MB) .
For a review of economic development activity in the Strathcona County region, this booklet features entrepreneurial initiatives, non-residential, industrial and residential development, tourism activities, community engagement and more.
Obtain the most current building permit data using the interactive Open Data portal - useful for developers, real estate agents and entrepreneurs.
The following federal census reports provide quick facts and easy to understand graphs and charts.
- Age and sex (309.8 KB)
- Dwelling type (346.4 KB)
- Agriculture (140.2 KB)
- Families, household and marital status (364.4 KB)
- Income (271.5 KB)
- Language (197.4 KB)
- Housing (185.2 KB)
- Immigration and ethnocultural diversity (261.1 KB)
- Aboriginal peoples (196.1 KB)
- Eucation (225.1 KB)
- Labour (250.2 KB)
- Journey to work (217.9 KB)
- Language of work (162.7 KB)
- Mobility and migration (168.3 KB)