Strathcona County Utilities operates and maintains all underground sewer systems for:
- Sherwood Park
- Collingwood Cove
- Half Moon Lake
- Antler Lake
- South Cooking Lake
This includes the infrastructure serviced by low-pressure sewer systems from the property up to and including the lift station and lagoons.
Protect the environment with these tips:
- Don't pour fats, oils and grease down the drain. Instead, cool and place them into your green organics cart. These substances clog pipes, leading to costly repairs.
- Take unused medications to the pharmacy for disposal rather than flushing them down the toilet. Pharmaceuticals are not treated and end up in our water and environment.
- Use phosphate-free cleaning products to reduce phosphorus levels in the river. Phosphorous is a nutrient that promotes algae growth, which negatively affects our aquatic environments.
- Take household hazardous waste, such as motor oil, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, paints and chemicals to
- Use your organics cart for vegetable peelings and food instead of a garburator. Ground organic materials cost more to treat and must be disposed of at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Watch this video by EPCOR to learn more where our water comes from and goes