Strathcona County Utilities operates and maintains all underground sewer systems for:
- Sherwood Park
- Collingwood Cove
- Half Moon Lake
- Antler Lake
- South Cooking Lake
This includes the infrastructure serviced by low-pressure sewer systems from the property up to and including the lift station and lagoons.
To learn more about wastewater and preventing your home from flooding, check out these informative videos made by the City of Edmonton.
Protect the environment with these tips:
- Don't pour fats, oils and grease down the drain. Instead, cool and place them into your green organics cart. These substances clog pipes, leading to costly repairs.
- Take unused medications to the pharmacy for disposal rather than flushing them down the toilet. Pharmaceuticals are not treated and end up in our water and environment.
- Use phosphate-free cleaning products to reduce phosphorus levels in the river. Phosphorous is a nutrient that promotes algae growth, which negatively affects our aquatic environments.
- Take household hazardous waste, such as motor oil, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, paints and chemicals to the Broadview Enviroservice Station.
- Use your organics cart for vegetable peelings and food instead of a garborator. Ground organic materials cost more to treat and must be disposed of at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Watch this video by EPCOR to learn more where our water comes from and goes