Strathcona County offers a rebate for eligible residents that install a backwater valve for up to 50% of the supply and installation costs to a maximum of $1200.
To receive a rebate, send a completed
along with a copy of the purchase receipt and plumbing permit. Make sure to check and see if you are eligible to receive a rebate.
Note: Home owners qualifying for this rebate will require proper permits and inspection approvals to be completed prior to any rebate being issued.
- Obtain proper permits from Planning and Development
- Once approved, have contractor install the valve
- Arrange for a plumbing inspection completed by a Plumbing Inspector from Planning and Development Services
- Submit your rebate application
- Utilities staff will contact you to complete a home inspection to verify backwater valve installation
Do not cover over the backwater valve with carpet, flooring or other permanent fixture.
Frequently asked questions