Sign permits & regulations
Strathcona County's Planning and Development Services Department is responsible for issuing and reviewing Development Permits for signs to ensure they comply with current regulations and legislation.
For regulations for all sign types please see the Land Use Bylaw.
Checklist for sign applications
- Property lines, building(s) locations and existing sign(s) locations
- Location of proposed sign on property
- Distances from proposed sign to property lines
- Other signs on property
- Accesses to property
- Property dimensions, utility right-of-ways, street names and north arrow
- Elevation drawing of sign
- Dimensions of sign - length, width and depth
- Message to be displayed on proposed sign
- For signs located on buildings, draw building elevation (template can be provided) and sign location building
- Materials to be used
Simplified regulations for Election signs (318.9 KB)