Planning and Development Services
Service modifications for Planning and Development Services
In light of recent direction received from public health authorities in Alberta on COVID-19 (novel Coronavirus), Strathcona County has implemented additional preventative measures to limit the spread of infection and, ultimately, to keep our employees, customers, community and visitors healthy and safe.
Please note: Beginning March 20, 2020 at 8:30 a.m., our department office at County Hall (2001 Sherwood Drive), is closed to the public. Any questions can be directed to 780-464-8080.
Although you cannot access our services in-person at this time, we are accepting all application types by email at PlanningandDevelopment@strathcona.ca .
Those with large scale building/engineering plans can be dropped off at the Community Centre, Security Desk between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- We encourage residents to take advantage of our online permit application system where contractors, residents and businesses can apply and pay for electrical, plumbing, gas, deck, fire and alarm permits.
- Self-booking of inspections has been suspended online. Please call our office at 780-464-8080 for any inquiries or to schedule an inspection.
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 3W7
- ePermits allows contractors, residents and businesses to apply and pay online for their permits, quickly and easily.
- Learn more about the regulations and permitting requirements for your residential, commercial, industrial or farm project.
- View the various statutory planning documents and policies in place that establish land use, development objectives, long range planning direction, neighbourhood plans (area structure plans) and more.
- Whether you're a landowner contemplating subdividing or rezoning your land, or a consultant acting on behalf of a landowner, find out more information on the application process, fees etc.
Special projects and initiatives
Planning and Development Services is currently working on a number of special projects. To learn more about these projects, view the links provided below:
Offsite Development Levies annual report
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.