Public hearing on the 2024-2027 budget
Your input shapes the County's budget for municipal programs and services. Share what's important to you at the upcoming budget public hearing and help the County plan the 2024-2027 budget.
Council Chambers; Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 5 p.m. Learn more about speaking at public hearings.
Register to speak: firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-464-8014.
Read the 2024 budget survey results report on County Voice.
Strathcona County is committed to providing high quality services in an effective, efficient and financially sustainable way.
Council and community priorities, programs and services, infrastructure and assets are all considered in budgeting.
The County approves a multi-year budget every year detailing how dollars will be spent to maintain and improve municipal programs and services for the community. It’s a balance between setting a reasonable tax rate and delivering services expected by residents and businesses.
2024 Budget Meetings
2024 Recommended Budget
2024 Budget Public Engagement
- A budget public hearing was held on September 19. Another public hearing is upcoming on November 22, 2023 at 5:00pm.
- In the spring of 2023, a budget survey was conducted.
2023 Budget approved
In an economic climate of high inflation, increased energy costs, supply shortages, shrinking grant dollars and post pandemic recovery realities, Strathcona County Council found ways to lessen the impact of these challenges to keep property taxes as low as possible.
The budget meeting ran November 16, 17, 18, 21, and 24 in 2022.
(2023 budget meeting presentations and materials are found under the November 16, 2022 meeting date. The public can view the recorded meeting as well.)
The final municipal tax rate was approved in the spring of 2023. In addition to the municipal property tax requirement, the consolidated tax rate factors in requisition amounts for provincial education, the Strathcona County Library, and the Heartland Housing Foundation.
2023 budget public engagement
- Budget public hearings were held on September 27 and November 21, 2022.
- In the spring of 2022, a budget survey was conducted.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Prior years' budgets
- Approved 2022 multi-year budget (4.5 MB)
- Approved 2021 multi-year budget (6.1 MB)
- Approved 2020-2023 multi-year budget (2.3 MB)
- Approved 2019 multi-year budget (1.7 MB)
- Approved 2018 Budget (18.6 MB)