Range Roads 231 and 232 Functional Planning Study
Range Roads 231 and 232 between Highway 630/Wye Road and Highway 628/Whitemud Extension connect communities in south Strathcona County to Sherwood Park. These roads will require upgrades as growth and development occur. This study will recommend improvements to safety and traffic flow to support future growth.
Strathcona County has retained ISL Engineering and Land Services to conduct a Functional Planning Study (FPS) for Range Roads 231 and 232. An FPS looks at the long-term needs of the roads including the number of lanes, intersection controls, trail requirements, and drainage requirements.
Recent engagement opportunity
Phase 3 - Present recommendations
Residents were invited to attend a final open house to learn about recommended upgrades to safety and traffic flow to support future growth.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Drop in from 5 to 8 p.m.
Gymnasium, Strathcona Christian Academy Elementary
52362 Range Road 231, Sherwood Park
The open house was an opportunity to review the recommended plan. Participants learned about the proposed study recommendations, which were developed based on resident input through earlier phases of the project.
Phase 1 – Background Review (Spring/Summer 2018)
- February-March 2018: Property owners in the immediate study area were engaged through door-to-door meetings, kitchen table meetings and an online survey.
- May 2018: Residents were invited to an open house to learn about the project, its purpose and timeline; and to provide input to inform the County’s understanding of the study area. Comments from residents were also accepted until June 1, 2018.
- Open house #1 display boards (14.8 MB)
- Range Road 231/232 Open House #1 Summary Report
- Kitchen Table Meeting #1
- Kitchen Table Meeting #2
- Kitchen Table Meeting #3
- Phase 1 Online Survey Report
Phase 2 – Concept Development
- October 2018: Residents were invited to an open house to to provide input on the design elements narrowed down after Phase 1 public engagement. This input will help inform the final study recommendations.
- Open house #2 display boards (11.6 MB)
- Range Road 231/232 Feedback Summary October 2018 (1.1 MB)
Phase 3 – Final Open House
- May 2019: Residents were invited to learn about the recommended plans upgrades to safety and traffic flow to support future growth.
- Final Open House display boards (16.7 MB)
This project is currently in the planning phase.
1. Will walking trails be constructed along Range Roads 231, 232 and 233? Permanent link to Will walking trails be constructed along Range Roads 231, 232 and 233?
We are currently evaluating the long-term needs of these areas as a part of our Functional Planning Study, and will be deciding about walking trails from the results of that study.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect