Updates and notices
June 16, 2020
Strathcona County indoor recreation facilities remain CLOSED, targeted re-opening dates listed below.
Strathcona County is taking a phased approach to re-opening recreation and culture facilities. Residents can expect the delivery of County-run services to look different upon re-opening. The safety of our guests and staff remains our top priority.
Please note: re-opening dates listed below are targets and may be subject to change.
- Millennium Cards continue to be suspended with no payments being taken. Cardholders will be notified before payments resume.
- Fees and admission rates for re-opening are being reviewed, more information to come.
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre – campsites and fire pits to open June 19, Lodge and Info Centre to open July 7 to 15.
- Wellness centres, racquet courts, and fitness tracks – to open July 7 to 15.
- Indoor fields and dry-surface spaces – to open July 7 to 15
- Halls at Ardrossan Recreation Complex and Moyer Recreation Centre – to open July 7 to 15
- Arenas – phased re-opening starting the week of July 7
- Sherwood Park Arena, Sherwood Park Sports Centre, Glen Allan Recreation Complex – July 7 to 15
- Millennium Place – August 4 to 7
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex – mid August
- Strathcona Olympiette Centre – late August
- Moyer Recreation Centre – mid September
- Broadmoor Arena – TBA
- Festival Place – accepting September rental bookings starting July 15.
- Public meeting spaces – to open July 7 to 15.
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre – to open July 15 to 22.
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre – to open mid August
- Pool at Millennium Place – to open early November (due to in progress revitalization project).
- Indoor playgrounds, youth lounges, and child minding – remain closed (listed in Stage 3 of the province’s relaunch plan.)
More information including guidelines for guests and precautions taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be available prior to re-opening. Learn more about Strathcona County’s response to COVID-19.
Moyer Recreation Centre water safety
Recent water sample results taken at Moyer Recreation Centre had lead levels higher than the new maximum acceptable concentration set by Health Canada. You can reduce potential exposure to lead from the plumbing system:
• Run the tap until it’s cold (about one minute) before drinking or cooking with this water.
• Do not use the hot water for drinking or cooking.
Updated Pickleball Times | New Practice Time
Revised times: Mon/Wed: 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Tues/Thurs/Fri: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
New: Drop-in Pickleball Skills & Drills (self-directed practice)
Mon/Wed: 6 – 6:30 p.m. | Tues/Thurs/Fri: 1 – 1:30 p.m.
Enjoy ice skating, tennis courts, ball diamonds, walking trails and a playground. Also featured is a 5,300 sq ft banquet hall that accommodates up to 500 people.
New Check out the Drop-in Pickleball procedures for information on how to sign-in and pay for drop-in play.
Josephburg Agricultural Society offers yoga/adult fitness at Moyer Recreation Centre. To learn more about these programs, please visit their website.
Event bookings Permanent link to event-bookings
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect