Construction water permitting

Please be advised - Construction water permitting is changing for 2024.

Previously, a fee for construction water was billed as part of the application for a building permit. Now, when Utility Billing receives the water connection permit, they will reach out to the builder on file to open a utility account. The account will be charged for water consumption until the time the home is sold to the new owner. At that point the account will be transferred to the new owner. 

If you have questions please reach out to Utility Billing at 780-464-8273.

Last modified: Jan. 19, 2024, 8:41 p.m.

Application forms

Fee schedules

Current fee schedules

Ways to apply

  • Apply online (currently electrical, plumbing and gas permits available online)
  • Mail to 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, AB, T8A 3W7
  • In person at County Hall, Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    (no appointment necessary)

*Electrical, plumbing and gas permits can be issued over the counter, while you wait.

Additional ways to apply may be available. Contact us for more information. 

More information

Planning and Development Services
Phone: 780-464-8080
Fax: 780-464-8142

Last updated: Friday, January 19, 2024
Page ID: 39731