RCMP and Enforcement Services
COVID-19 – New public health order restrictions effective December 13, 2020
In compliance with the new public health order, Strathcona County RCMP & Enforcement Services will be modifying Front Counter services as follows:
- Front counter operations closed: December 24-28 and January 1-3, 2021. If your matter is emergent, please access the phone in the lobby where you will speak directly with a police dispatcher (24 hours).
- Front counter hours of operation reduced to 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Dec 29 – 31.
- If your matter is emergent, please access the phone in the lobby where you will speak directly with a police dispatcher (24 hours).
- Front counter wickets will now be limited to ONE client per wicket.
- A maximum of FIVE people are permitted in the lobby at one time.
- If there are more than five people waiting for service, clients will be requested to wait outside in their vehicles until they are advised by staff to enter the lobby.
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks will be limited to essential needs.
- Civil fingerprinting will be limited to essential needs.
RCMP and Enforcement Services - community conversations
If you missed the online community information sessions on November 25 and 26, you can view the powerpoint presentation below.
View the Powerpoint presentation
24 hour complaint line: 780-467-7741
911 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S9
Services you can access online
New! Residents can now report select crimes online. All reports will be followed up with a phone call by a police officer within five (5) business days. Criteria for the incident to be reported online is available on the Alberta RCMP Online Crime Report page.
- Apply for an alarm permit online via ePermits or visit the RCMP detachment.
- Pay for your dog license renewal via online or telephone banking. For new dog licenses visit the RCMP detachment.
- Vehicle for Hire permits and licenses. By appointment only.
Call 780-410-4399 to book.
- New dog licences
- Payment of County tags issued by Enforcement Services.
Hours of operation:
RCMP and Enforcement Services related information and requests are now available as a single point of service at the front counter.
Outside of listed hours, the public can access help using the after-hours public phone inside the front door of the detachment.
- Main reception - front desk
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(Closed Sundays and statutory holidays)
- Criminal records / security clearance services
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fingerprint services
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Criminal records, security clearance and fingerprinting
- Victim Services
- RCMP crime map
- Traffic Safety and Enforcement
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Land Use Bylaw Enforcement
- Dog Licensing
- Alarm Permit
- Vehicle for Hire
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.