RCMP and Enforcement Services
COVID-19 – New public health order restrictions
In compliance with the new public health order, Strathcona County RCMP & Enforcement Services will be modifying Front Counter services as follows:
- If your matter is emergent, please access the phone in the lobby where you will speak directly with a police dispatcher (24 hours).
- Front counter wickets will now be limited to ONE client per wicket.
- A maximum of FIVE people are permitted in the lobby at one time.
- If there are more than five people waiting for service, clients will be requested to wait outside in their vehicles until they are advised by staff to enter the lobby.
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks will be limited to essential needs.
- Civil fingerprinting will be limited to essential needs.
Enforcing excessive vehicle noise and speeding
Strathcona County peace officers, in partnership with the local RCMP, will be launching an initiative to reduce noise and speeding on County roadways this summer.
24 hour complaint line: 780-467-7741
911 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S9
Services you can access online
New! Residents can now report select crimes online. All reports will be followed up with a phone call by a police officer within five (5) business days. Criteria for the incident to be reported online is available on the Alberta RCMP Online Crime Report page.
- Apply for an alarm permit online via ePermits or visit the RCMP detachment.
- Pay for your dog license renewal via online or telephone banking. For new dog licenses visit the RCMP detachment.
- Vehicle for Hire permits and licenses. By appointment only.
Call 780-410-4399 to book.
- New dog licences
- Payment of County tags issued by Enforcement Services.
Hours of operation:
RCMP and Enforcement Services related information and requests are now available as a single point of service at the front counter.
Outside of listed hours, the public can access help using the after-hours public phone inside the front door of the detachment.
- Main reception - front desk
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(Closed Sundays and statutory holidays)
- Criminal records / security clearance services
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fingerprint services
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Criminal records, security clearance and fingerprinting
- Victim Services
- RCMP crime map
- Traffic Safety and Enforcement
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Land Use Bylaw Enforcement
- Dog Licensing
- Alarm Permit
- Vehicle for Hire
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.