RCMP and Enforcement Services
RCMP and Enforcement Services - community conversations
Public invited to RCMP community conversations (online) sessions
Join Strathcona County RCMP Officer in Charge Supt. Dave Kalist for an online community information session that will provide an overview of policing priorities in Strathcona County, as well as an opportunity for questions.
There are two online sessions to choose from:
- Wednesday, November 25; 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Meeting link
- Thursday, November 26; 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Meeting link
Please allow yourself a few extra minutes to log in, if this is the first time using the microsoft teams application.
New! Citizens can now report select crimes online. All reports will be followed up with a phone call by a police officer within five (5) business days. Criteria for the incident to be reported online is available on the Alberta RCMP Online Crime Report page.
- If you need officer assistance and believe you may be ill, please advise during the phone conversation so our officers can be prepared ahead of time.
- Employees may wear extra personal protection like a face mask.
- Apply for an alarm permit online via ePermits or visit the RCMP detachment.
- Dog license renewals under the Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw will be extended to July 31, 2020. New licenses can be obtained by visiting the RCMP detachment.
- Vehicle for Hire permits and licenses will be extended to July 31, 2020. Appointments for Vehicle Inspections must be booked by calling 780-410-4399.
- Payment of County tags issued by Enforcement Services will be accepted at the RCMP detachment.
24 hour complaint line: 780-467-7741
911 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S9
Hours of operation:
RCMP and Enforcement Services related information and requests are now available as a single point of service at the front counter.
Outside of listed hours, the public can access help using the after-hours public phone inside the front door of the detachment.
Main Reception - Front Desk hours of operation are as follows:
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(Closed Sundays and statutory holidays)
Criminal records/Security Clearance Services
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Criminal records, security clearance and fingerprinting
- Victim Services
- Traffic Safety and Enforcement
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Land Use Bylaw Enforcement
- Dog Licensing
- Alarm Permit
- Vehicle for Hire
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.