Pesticide and fertilizer container recycling
Strathcona County now offers collection for agriculture pesticide and fertilizer containers at the Ardrossan recycle station. Please ensure that these materials follow CleanFarms guidelines.
Broadview Enviroservice Station
- 101 Broadview Road, Sherwood Park View on Google Maps
- Recycling services are open 7 days a week
- Enviroservice Building is open Thursday to Sunday
- Learn more about the Broadview Enviroservice Station
Ardrossan Recycle Station
- 80-3 Avenue, Ardrossan
- Open seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Ardrossan Boy scouts help to keep this station clean - keep them safe!
Ardrossan Recycle station offers a ClearFarms collection bin for empty agriculture pesticide and fertilizer containers. Please ensure that these containers follow CleanFarms guidelines, retailers should provide the required bags at the time of purchase.
South Cooking Lake monthly events
- Fire Station #2, 22142 South Cooking Lake Road
- There are week-long rural recycling events that begin on the last weekend of every month.
Please check where you can drop off your materials using the chart below.
|Type of material||Broadview||Ardrossan||South Cooking Lake|
|Common recycling items (see list below)||✔||✔||✔|
|Styrofoam (large white packing pieces)||✔||✔|
|Glass (bottles and jars, lids removed)||✔||✔||✔|
|Tetra packs / empty gift cards / shoes||✔||✔|
|Yard waste (leaves and grass)||✔|
|Brush (standard truck bed load - 4'x8'x2' max)||✔|
|Tires (passenger, rims removed)||✔||✔|
|Small metal items||✔||✔||✔|
|Agriculture Pesticide and Fertilizer Containers (per Cleanfarms)||✔|
Common recycling items
Please sort/separate your recycling:
- aluminum containers (beverage, soup, vegetable, pie plates, take-out containers)
- beverage containers (juice boxes, milk cartons and jugs, no lids or caps)
- box board (cereal, cracker boxes, paper egg cartons)
- hard plastic bottles and containers (detergent, condiment, yogurt or margarine containers, clean, no lids or caps)
- magazines and flyers
- paper (plain and glossy paper, envelopes, greeting cards with no decorations)
- wrapping paper (no foil)
Not sure where something goes? Check out our Waste Wizard.