Picture showing access to rural property

All new and modified accesses (driveways) that connect to roads under Strathcona County jurisdiction are subject to the approval of Strathcona County. 

You will need to submit an application form to Strathcona County if you are planning to do any of the following:

  • Build a first approach
  • Add a new (second) approach
  • Create a temporary access approach
  • Modify an existing access approach on your property

Review the policy, procedure and application form:

If approved, the approach must be constructed to Strathcona County specifications and must receive final approval. Any access approach not approved by Strathcona County will be removed at the expense of the registered landowner. 

Frequently Asked Questions


Further information:

County Connect

Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.

Last updated: Wednesday, February 03, 2021
Page ID: 37449