Birthday Party Packages
Celebrate your birthday with us!
Whether you are looking for a pool party, an outdoor adventure party or a party in a fun filled indoor playground, Strathcona County's party packages offer something for everyone.
Book your party at
Ardrossan Recreation Complex
1. Party room rental can include:
- Private party room for fun, food & gifts
- Birthday banner and party invitations
- Secure storage for gifts/belongings while having fun
- Fridge storage for your food
2. Add an activity
Play time in the Edu-tainment Centre and Youth Lounge Shared use of our indoor playground and arcade style games room.
Pulic Skating (September – March) Shared recreational skating or stick and skate. More friends, more fun! Bring your own skates and helmets. Skate aids available.
SPORTZONE (Summer – ask about exact dates) Bounce, build and play. Shared use.
Custom Activity Plan your own party room activities. Based on the size of the rented room, guests can play party games or bring in hired entertainers, instructors or inflatables. Seasonal dry surface and ice surface booking available. Ask for details.
Love to Play Party An interactive experience your children will love! This party option is designed for children 2-6 years old with a maximum of 30 guests. The party package includes use of the Love to Play room for one hour, followed by use of the party room for one hour. $170.47
For availablility and pricing please call 780-922-3377.
Kinsmen Leisure Centre
1. Pool parties
Fridays 8:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Saturdays
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
A great choice for birthday parties or group events. This includes use of:
- family waterslide
- whirlpool and steamroom
- kids’ multi-depth pool
- spiral fountains and waterfall
- 1-metre and 3-metre diving boards
- tarzan rope
- 6-lane, 25-metre swim pool
- boats, tubes, mats, balls and more!
We offer a shared pool rental for up to 30 people and a private pool rental for up to 99 people.
Have more than 99 people? No problem, give us a call.
2. Party room
Bring your group to a recreational swim and book the party room before or after your swim for cake and gifts! Tables and chairs (adult and child-sized) are available. Rental of the room is for one and a half hours and accommodates 35 people. You are welcome to bring in your own food. Fridge/freezer storage is available for cakes.
3. Preschool Playground parties
The mini-gym is filled with modern play equipment including a pirate ship, slides, climbing structures and more! Great fun for little ones (6 months – 6 years) where they can run, jump, bounce and hop in a safe, kid friendly environment. Use of playground and Parkview room for up to 50 people for two hours.
For availability and pricing please call 780-464-2112.
1. Your celebration will include:
- full day use of all amenities (swim, skate, indoor playground, climbing wall, youth lounge and gymnasium)
- private party room (one hour) for food and gifts (set-up and clean-up by renter)
- colourful birthday banner
- fun party invitations
- secure storage for gifts and belongings while having fun
- paper plates (large and small), cups, napkins and cutlery
- fridge/freezer storage for your cakes
2. Pick your package
Option one: Without a meal
$12.00 per person (minimum 10 people)
Option two: With a meal of your choice
$19.00 per person (minimum 10 people)
- Hot dog or hamburger, bag of chips, cookie and a canned pop, juice or milk
- Individual pizza (7 inch), cookie, and a canned pop, juice or milk
Call to customize your birthday party menu with add-ons or substitutions.
Millennium Cards are not valid.
- You are welcome to bring in any commercially prepared and packaged food to the party room. Birthday cakes/cupcakes can be homemade.
- Hosting your party in the main lobby is discouraged as space cannot be guaranteed and is often limited.
- There may be times when various activities are not available due to special events or maintenance closures. Please inquire upon booking.
Check the drop-in schedules for activity times.
For availability and pricing please call 780-416-3300.
Strathcona Wilderness Centre
1. Step one: Pick your program
Your program includes a one and a half or two hour fun outdoor adventure, complete with instructor(s) and equipment rental. Prices for programs start at $138 and up, depending on the program. Detailed program information is available in our Outdoor Programs for Groups booklet.
Ages 5 to 8
- Building fairy houses
- Cross Country Skiing: FUNdamentals (Parented program)
- Games, Games, Games
- Lost in the Woods
- Nature scavenger hunt
- Snowshoeing For the Fun of It
Ages 9 to 17
- Canoeing programs at Islet Lake (Apr. – June, Sept. – Oct.) GPS: 53-27.40N by 112-49.30W
- Cross-country skiing
- Orienteering programs
- Predator Prey
- Snowshoeing For the Fun of It
- Team building and games
2. Step two: Care to extend the party and bring out cake and goodies?
No problem! For an additional fee, our cookhouse, fire pit areas or Information Centre can be booked to complete your party.
Please note: The Strathcona Wilderness Centre is a public park. Your group will share the use of the public areas. Every effort will be made to ensure your group has as much privacy as possible. For a completely private area inquire about the availability of our lodge.
3. Cancellation procedures
Programs can run in many weather conditions that do not compromise participants’ safety. In adverse weather conditions, the Strathcona Wilderness Centre may cancel a program.
Every attempt will be made to provide an alternative program or reschedule the program at a later date. Should we not be able to deliver a specific program due to weather, we will communicate alternative program options with your group leader. Cancellation of a program is done in consultation with your group leader and the Outdoor Recreation Programmer.
4. Can I cancel or re-book?
Groups are not required to pay for programs cancelled due to adverse weather, or if notice of cancellation is received up to 72 hours prior to the program. Please contact us by phone at 780-922-3939 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you by the next business day to confirm that your cancellation request has been received. If you do not receive an email or phone call, please re-contact us as soon as possible.
Please check two or three potential re-booking dates with all leaders prior to re-booking your program, as changes to dates and times are not always guaranteed. At least 72 hours prior to your program, please inform the Strathcona Wilderness Centre of any changes to your bookings, such as the number of participants, arrival times and departure times. If a program is missed or cancelled with less than 72 hours notice, there will be a charge of 50 per cent of the total contract or a minimum of $100.
For availability and pricing please call 780-922-3939.
For more information