Updates and notices
Effective November 24, new mandatory restrictions are in place:
- Activity time slots: recreational swimming (including kids pool); recreational skating
- Programs: swimming lessons, group fitness classes (dryland/aquatics), sport programs and skating lessons (child/youth), dance and drama programs
- Facility bookings: Arenas, pools, gymnasium, racquet courts, indoor fields
Activities that remain OPEN
- Wellness centres (including personal training).
- Lap swim and aquatic walking lanes
- Indoor fitness tracks
- Programs: Visual Arts at Smeltzer House and Gallery@501, Preschool and private XC-ski lessons at Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, walking trails, parks, playgrounds, toboggan hills and off-leash dog parks
Visiting a recreation centre
- To visit a recreation centre, all individuals (regardless of age) must pre-book and pre-pay for their activity time slot. Tip: Sign into your Recreation Online account before searching activity time slots and adding one to your cart.
- Get familiar with our covid procedures and guidelines before your visit.
- NEW: masks or face coverings are now required in the wellness centre common areas and during low intensity activities. Please note, guests are able to remove their masks while engaging in high intensity, physical activity as determined by their own health and fitness level.
- NEW: masks or face coverings must be worn by anyone 3 years of age and older in all Strathcona County indoor facilities.
Millennium Place: 780-416-3300
Ardrossan Recreation Complex: 780-400-2084