Outdoor pursuits programs
Summer program registration
Register today for half-day, week long summer programs for youth ages 3 to 17 years. Visit Recreation Online. Programs include preschool, visual arts, dance, drama, sports, outdoor skills, family and leadership. Other program opportunities for families, children, teens and adults will be available for registration as well.
Create a full-day, week-long summer program experience by purchasing lunch hour supervision for select Outdoor Pursuit and Child/Youth/Teen summer programs. Register in a morning program and an afternoon program at the same location (Strathcona Wilderness Centre, Millennium Place, Sherwood Park Arena or Ardrossan Recreation Complex) and purchase the corresponding facility Supervised Lunch Hour.
Other program news
Summer program participant forms and information
Get outdoors this summer! Our team at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre is excited to offer several outdoor pursuit opportunities. Registration is now open. Register in a program using Recreation Online or contact the Strathcona Wilderness Centre for a group program booking by emailing email@example.com or calling 780-922-3939.
Several modifications have been made to our programs to adhere to the current provincial guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The safety of our staff and participants is a top priority.
Registration begins June 8, 2021 at 7 a.m. for half-day, week-long summer programs
All programs have been created to meet the provincial guidelines in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Follow the links below to find the full class schedule and register with Recreation Online. Learn more about setting up your Recreation Online account. Need assistance? Call 780-467-2211 (weekdays) or 780-922-3939.
- Forest Adventurers (3.5-5Y)
- Sunshine Seekers (5-6Y)
- Evergreen Escapades (7-10Y)
- Tree-mendous Trekkers (10 - 13Y)
- Photography Fun (12-16Y)
Please contact the Strathcona Wilderness Centre at 780-922-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Service Representatives will assist you.
Procedures and guidelines
Please take note of the new procedures and guidelines in place for our programs to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- All of our programs will take place in an outdoor setting.
- Participants will be asked to do a self-check prior to arriving at our program. Anyone who is sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home.
- Participants will be asked a series of COVID-19 pre-screening questions upon arrival at each program.
- Participants will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands prior to arriving at our programs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each program site.
- Participants will keep at least 2 meters (6 feet) distance away from people outside of their cohort or household. Please bring a non-medical mask to the program to wear if you are unable to physically distance.
- All program supplies and equipment will be sanitized between each use. Equipment that can not be properly sanitized, will be for one time use and either disposed of or sent home with the participants.
- Please come prepared and dress for the weather / activity you will be participating in. Pre-fill your water bottles at home. Water taps are available however drinking fountains are not.
Staff are required to fill out a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire prior to the start of their shift. If they do not meet all the requirements of the questionnaire, they will be required to stay home, and another staff member will be scheduled for the program.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect