Who is eligible for prizes?
Recreation, Parks and Culture provides prize and promotional giveaways to non-profit organizations based on the following criteria:
- Local non-profit groups or organizations: Strathcona County based non-profit organizations, schools and minor sport groups.
- Groups or organizations that rent our facilities/parks that may or may not be from Strathcona County.
Note: If a group is non-local, and their membership base is made of more than 50% Strathcona County residents, we would provide them with a prize depending on if their event targets a key-audience for our services.
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship recognition.
Prizes will not be available to non-local minor sport groups, non-profit organizations or businesses unless the following criteria are met:
- Mutual benefit in terms of cross promotions or target audience
- If the organization is an existing department sponsor
- If the organization is a large customer who rents our facilities
Note: Businesses that are not Strathcona County based are not eligible.
How do you request a prize?
Click on the County Connect link below, fill out the request form online and submit your request with a minimum two weeks notice. The request needs to include the size of their event, the type of prize requested (i.e. Door prize or auction prize).
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect