Recreational donation / prize request
Who is eligible for prizes?
Recreation, Parks and Culture provides prize and promotional giveaways to non-profit organizations based on the following criteria:
- Local non-profit groups or organizations: Strathcona County based non-profit organizations, schools and minor sport groups.
- Groups or organizations that rent our facilities/parks that may or may not be from Strathcona County.
Note: If a group is non-local, and their membership base is made of more than 50% Strathcona County residents, we would provide them with a prize depending on if their event targets a key-audience for our services.
- Sponsorship: Sponsorship recognition.
Prizes will not be available to non-local minor sport groups, non-profit organizations or businesses unless the following criteria are met:
- Mutual benefit in terms of cross promotions or target audience
- If the organization is an existing department sponsor
- If the organization is a large customer who rents our facilities
Note: Businesses that are not Strathcona County based are not eligible.
Please complete the prize request form and attach to this request with a minimum two weeks’ notice. The request needs to include the size of the event, the type of prize requested (i.e. Door prize or auction prize).