Every day, thousands of people use Strathcona County’s sidewalks and trails to get around our community.
Visit the CountyWorks construction web map to see what projects are planned.
During construction season, the County repairs damaged trails, sidewalks, curbs and gutters in order to maintain the safety and efficient movement of pedestrians.
Trails and sidewalks are repaired on a priority basis.
Trails and sidewalks scheduled for construction will be closed while we make improvements. Please obey all construction signage.
New sidewalk construction
The Missing Links program constructs sidewalks in commercial (primarily) or residential areas to improve walking connectivity for pedestrians. It also provides user accessibility and connectivity to Transit stops.
- Baseline Road North (Broadview to Bremner Drive)
- Ordze Avenue (from DQ to the South Side of Wye Road)
- Wye Road & Nottingham Way Intersection Improvements
- Lark Street & Brentwood Blvd Intersection Improvements
Carry over locations from 2022:
- Strathmoor Drive North (from existing transit stop at the Esso entrance to the north-south portion of Strathmoor Drive)
- Kaska/Chippewa Road Intersection Improvements
- Portage Lane and Broadmoor Blvd Intersection Improvements
Crosswalk improvements are planned at:
- Kaska Road and Chippewa Road
- Lark Street and Brentwood Boulevard
Please note: Weather can cause unexpected delays. Although we strive to maintain schedules, timeline changes may be required.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.