Every day, thousands of people use Strathcona County’s sidewalks and trails to get around our community.
Visit the CountyWorks construction web map to see what projects are planned.
During construction season, the County repairs damaged trails, sidewalks, curbs and gutters in order to maintain the safety and efficient movement of pedestrians.
Trails and sidewalks are repaired on a priority basis.
Trails and sidewalks scheduled for construction will be closed while we make improvements. Please obey all construction signage.
New sidewalk construction - Missing Links program
The Missing Links program adds sidewalks into business and commercial areas that don't currently have them.
The following locations will have sidewalks completed in the summer of 2022:
- Streambank Avenue - Broadmoor Boulevard to approach of Strathcona Public Services Yard (north side)
- Strathmoor Drive - Broadmoor Boulevard to Kal Tire approach (second driveway west of Broadmoor Boulevard, south side)
The 2022 Missing Links Sidewalks program will be scheduling new sidewalks at the following locations:
- Strathmoor Drive - Broadmoor Boulevard to Strathmoor Drive (from existing bus stop at Esso entrance to Strathmoor Drive - north side)
- Prairie Way – Broadmoor Boulevard to Premier Way (north side)
Pedestrian crosswalk upgrades are planned at:
- Davidson Drive & Darlington Drive
- Bothwell Drive & Bothwell Place
Please note: Weather can cause unexpected delays. Although we strive to maintain schedules, timeline changes may be required.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.