Know before you go: fall programs
Strathcona County is making every effort to ensure you are safe while taking part in our fall recreation and culture programs. COVID-19 safety measures can vary by program area, so please make sure you are aware of your program's know before you go considerations before arriving at your class.
Virtual classes will allow you to participate in the comfort of your own home with the guidance of trained and experienced Strathcona County instructors. Instructors will provide instruction, modifications and encouragement to keep you engaged and motivated.
Strathcona County virtual programs are a convenient alternative to in-person classes. These are live, interactive classes, offered through Microsoft Teams.
Know before you go
There are a few things you may want to know before taking part in Strathcona County virtual programs.
Know before you go: virtual programs
Frequently asked questions: virtual programs
1. How do I register for a virtual class or program?Permanent link to How do I register for a virtual class or program?
Register through Recreation Online
You will find all of the virtual programs listed under Registered Programs>Virtual programs
Can I cancel my registration?
Yes, participants can cancel before class starts without penalty.
Call 780-416-3300 ext. 0.
Group fitness classes can also be cancelled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need a Microsoft Teams account?
No, you can sign in as a guest. There is no charge for accessing Microsoft Teams.
4. How do I set up Microsoft Teams on my computer and/or mobile phone?Permanent link to How do I set up Microsoft Teams on my computer and/or mobile phone?
Computer: Your personal computers browser must be updated to the latest version if you are going to attend the meeting using the Web Online Version. Please note: the web version of Teams will only work in these two browers.
Mobile: Consider downloading the Teams app for a better experience.
5. When can I expect to receive my Microsoft Teams link?Permanent link to When can I expect to receive my Microsoft Teams link?
You should receive the link a minimum of 1 hour before your class or program starts.
6. When should I login for my class or program?Permanent link to When should I login for my class or program?
Please login 5 to 10 minutes before the scheduled start to ensure that there are no technical issues and to ask the instructor any questions you may have before class begins.
7. Who do I contact if I don't receive my link to my class or I have questions?Permanent link to Who do I contact if I don't receive my link to my class or I have questions?
If your class starts in an 1 hour or less and you haven't received a link, or you have questions, email email@example.com for group fitness classes or firstname.lastname@example.org for youth classes.
Who can see me during class?
When your camera is turned on, be advised that your image may be viewed by the instructor and other participants in the class. Participants are not permitted to record other participants. If your camera is turned off, no one can see you.
Do I need equipment for my class?
Equipment may be used, but our instructors will give options for those who do not have any. Equipment is not required.
If I miss a class, can I rewatch it?
No, at this time all classes are "live".
Last updated: Thursday, September 02, 2021
Page ID: 50904