Virtual classes will allow you to participate in the comfort of your own home with the guidance of trained and experienced Strathcona County instructors. These are live, interactive classes, offered through Microsoft Teams. Instructors will provide instruction, modifications and encouragement to keep you engaged and motivated.
Watch this YouTube video to learn more about how to use Microsoft Teams during your class.
Registration is on now! Register online with Recreation Online or call 780-467-2211 (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) for assistance.
- Virtual programs - all program areas
- Adult / older adult group fitness
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
Looking for more options? Check out virtual programs offered by Strathcona County Youth Connect.
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I register for a virtual class or program?Permanent link to How do I register for a virtual class or program?
Register through Recreation Online
You will find all of the virtual programs listed under Registered Programs>Virtual programs
Can I cancel my registration?
Yes, participants can cancel before class starts without penalty.
Call 780-416-3300 ext. 0.
Group fitness classes can also be cancelled by emailing email@example.com.
Do I need a Microsoft Teams account?
No, you can sign in as a guest. There is no charge for accessing Microsoft Teams.
4. How do I set up Microsoft Teams on my computer and/or mobile phone?Permanent link to How do I set up Microsoft Teams on my computer and/or mobile phone?
Computer: Your personal computers browser must be updated to the latest version if you are going to attend the meeting using the Web Online Version. Please note: the web version of Teams will only work in these two browers.
Mobile: Consider downloading the Teams app for a better experience.
5. When can I expect to receive my Microsoft Teams link?Permanent link to When can I expect to receive my Microsoft Teams link?
You should receive the link a minimum of 1 hour before your class or program starts.
6. When should I login for my class or program?Permanent link to When should I login for my class or program?
Please login 5 to 10 minutes before the scheduled start to ensure that there are no technical issues and to ask the instructor any questions you may have before class begins.
7. Who do I contact if I don't receive my link to my class or I have questions?Permanent link to Who do I contact if I don't receive my link to my class or I have questions?
If your class starts in an 1 hour or less and you haven't received a link, or you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for group fitness classes or email@example.com for youth classes.
Who can see me during class?
When your camera is turned on, be advised that your image may be viewed by the instructor and other participants in the class. Participants are not permitted to record other participants. If your camera is turned off, no one can see you.
Do I need equipment for my class?
Equipment may be used, but our instructors will give options for those who do not have any. Equipment is not required.
If I miss a class, can I rewatch it?
No, at this time all classes are "live".
For virtual fitness classes
1. Can I use my Millennium Card for virtual classes?Permanent link to Can I use my Millennium Card for virtual classes?
No, virtual group fitness classes are not included on the Millennium Card.
For virtual youth classes
1. How many people are included when I register for a class?Permanent link to How many people are included when I register for a class?
Registration is for one participant unless otherwise specified (e.g. Family Yoga).
Registered programs update
The Government of Alberta announced a return to Step 1 restrictions on April 6. Here is a listing of what programs are currently available:
- Virtual programs for all ages, including adult group fitness classes.
- Preschool, child and youth programs (sports, fitness, visual arts, performing arts, outdoor pursuits, swimming) including in-person indoor, outdoor and virtual.
- All swimming lessons are able to run as scheduled, including Parent and Tot – Learn to Swim lessons. Note: Registration starts for May swimming lessons on April 23 and for June swimming lessons on May 17.
If a class or program is cancelled, all registered participants will be notified. All affected participants will be automatically issued a pro-rated refund (where applicable) or a credit on their account.
All programs running meet the provincial guidelines in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect