Before you burn
Fire permit holders are required to contact Strathcona County before every burn to see if burning is allowed.
- Call the Burning Status Line at 780-464-8464. This is a 24-hour automated line, or
- Text the word "BURN" to 587-340-3696 to receive an immediate reply.
As per Outdoor Fire Bylaw 4-2021, it is illegal to burn:
- food waste
- animal carcasses and manure
- treated construction materials
- rubber and plastics
- herbicides and pesticides
- any other toxic materials which may produce dense black smoke
- painted, stained or pressure treated wood
- railroad ties