burning logs

Before you burn

Fire permit holders are required to contact Strathcona County before every burn to see if burning is allowed.

  • Call the Burning Status Line at 780-464-8464. This is a 24-hour automated line, or
  • Text the word "BURN" to 587-340-3696 to receive an immediate reply.

Frequently asked burning status questions:

Further information

Last updated: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Page ID: 48731