Starting in late June 2023, remaining asphalt work, line paint and landscaping will be completed on Township Road 560 from Range Road 214 to approximately 250 meters east.
NOTE: Township Road 560 from Range Road 213 to Range Road 214 will be temporarily closed during this time.
Strathcona County is upgrading Township Road 560 to a Class I road from Range Road 214 to approximately 1,200 metres east.
The upgrades will provide a safe and sustainable roadway to help support current and future traffic and will tie into the improvements completed on Township Road 560 in 2018.
Proposed upgrades include:
- Widening the current 6.5 metre roadway to a 10 metre roadway (3.5 metre wide lanes and 1.5 metre wide shoulder)
- Improving the roadway to a hot-mix asphalt surface
- Providing gentler ditch side slopes, where possible
- Improving the road profile to prevent future road closures due to spring flooding
This project is currently in the construction phase.
- Summer 2024 – Power pole relocation work and jersey barrier removal to be completed.
- Summer 2023 – Remaining work expected to be completed.
- November 2022 – Roadway opened with majority of work completed.
- November 2021 – Roadway opened with temporary roadway shift.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Kyle Baird, Project Manager
Noyen Construction Ltd.
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.