Township Road 560 upgrades
Road construction is currently underway and includes a full road closure. Watch for detour signs.
Strathcona County is upgrading Township Road 560 to a Class I road from Range Road 214 to approximately 1,200 metres east.
The upgrades will provide a safe and sustainable roadway to help support current and future traffic and will tie into the improvements completed on Township Road 560 in 2018.
Proposed upgrades include:
- Widening the current 6.5 metre roadway to a 10 metre roadway (3.5 metre wide lanes and 1.5 metre wide shoulder)
- Improving the roadway to a hot-mix asphalt surface
- Providing gentler ditch side slopes, where possible
- Improving the road profile to prevent future road closures due to spring flooding
Noyen Construction Ltd. is the Prime Contractor performing the road construction upgrades.
This project is currently in the Construction phase.
March – April:
Excavation of the current road
Late May/early June to late August:
- Reconstruction of the road base
- Application of new asphalt layer
- Line painting and traffic signage
- Landscaping restoration (topsoil and seeding)
Noyen Construction Ltd.
Stewart Smith, Project Manager
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect