Water Service

Piped tap water

In Strathcona County, direct water service is available to many customers in:

  • Sherwood Park
  • Rural hamlets
  • Rural Strathcona County

If you are moving and want to start or stop water service, contact Utility Billing at 780-464-8273.

Paying for the service

Water use

Every two months an operator goes to the outside of your house to read the water use. On the other months, we estimate your consumption based on average over the past 12 months. If you want to submit your actual readings for those months, call 780-464-8273 to get instructions.

Always keep a clear path to the remote reading device for your water meter. This will ensure the meter reader can get to your reading device to get consistent water use readings.

Truck fills

Truck fills (also known as bulk water stations) provide potable water to customers who do not receive direct water service. Learn about:

  • Truck-fill location and hours of operation
  • Payment options
  • Rates

24-hour water emergency contact

If you are experiencing sewer or water problems, such as a flooded basement or sewer backup, call 780-467-7785 anytime, and an operator will respond to your call within one hour.

Pipe repairs and maintenance

As a homeowner, you are responsible for repairs to water or wastewater (sewer) pipes on your property. Water or wastewater lines on public property are the responsibility of the County. Learn more.

Water quality

Learn about the standards Strathcona County follows to provide safe, clean and reliable water to residents.

Phone: 780-467-7785
Email: scutilities@strathcona.ca

Related topics

Last updated: Thursday, November 09, 2023
Page ID: 38307