Strathcona County Utilities supplies water to many customers in the County including:
- Sherwood Park
- Rural hamlets
- Country residents
Residents that are moving and want to start or stop water service are asked to contact the Customer billing department at:
As a homeowner, you are responsible for repairs to water or wastewater (sewer) pipes on your property. Water or wastewater lines on public property are the responsibility of the County.
Sign up for eBill
Get your utility bill electronically.
Water Service FAQs
1. Where does our water come from? Permanent link to Where does our water come from?
Our drinking water comes from the North Saskatchewan River, which originates at the Saskatchewan Glacier in the Rocky Mountains, 500 km southwest of Edmonton. Strathcona County receives its water from EPCOR Water. EPCOR Water operates two water treatment plants in Edmonton producing a total capacity of 530 million litres of water per day.
2. Is the water in Sherwood Park hard? Permanent link to Is the water in Sherwood Park hard?
Water is received from the E.L Smith Water Treatment Plant in Edmonton. Please visit EPCOR’s website to learn more about current water hardness readings.
3. How do I start or stop my utility services? Permanent link to How do I start or stop my utility services?
Prior to your occupancy/possession date (minimum 5 days before), please call the Customer Billing department number at 780-464-8273 to create an account. You may also call this number to stop your utility services.
If you are moving into a newly built home, you will also need to call Utilities at 780-467-7785 to arrange for a water meter to be installed in your home.
4. What if I have water or sewer problems that require immediate attention? Permanent link to What if I have water or sewer problems that require immediate attention?
If you are experiencing sewer or water problems, such as a flooded basement or sewer backup, call Utilities at 780-467-7785. After regular office hours, your call will go to our answering service.
5. What is my water rate? Permanent link to What is my water rate?
6. When are the water meters read? Permanent link to When are the water meters read?
Actual meter readings are taken bi-monthly. Bills are sent out each month using estimated consumption for the months between readings. Estimated consumption is based on the average consumption over the past 12 months.
7. How do I submit readings for estimated billing months? Permanent link to How do I submit readings for estimated billing months?
Customers can phone in their readings taken from their water meter during estimated billing months. Estimated readings must be taken during a specific week. Please call 780-464-8273 for a schedule.
To submit your reading, please call Customer Billing at 780-464-8273 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
8. How can I conserve water? Permanent link to How can I conserve water?
9. How do I check for water leaks in my home? Permanent link to How do I check for water leaks in my home?