Large item pickup
(for Strathcona County waste collection customers only):
|Regular collection day||Large item collection days: April 2021||Large item collection days: October 2021|
|Monday||April 26||October 18|
|Tuesday||April 20||October 12|
|Wednesday||April 28||October 20|
|Thursday||April 22||October 14|
|Friday||April 30||October 22|
Do you have broken furniture or appliances, or any other non-reusable large or heavy-household items?
Residents that subscribe to waste collection services from Strathcona County may leave up to two items at the curbside on large item collection days (check table above for your day) and we will haul them away for you. Please make sure your items are out by 7:30 a.m.
Items may be collected by different trucks.
- Maximum of two items will be collected.
- Houses with back alleys must have large items put out at the front of your property for collection.
- Homes in the rural area will have large items tagged and collected later that day or the next day.
- Put a note on items that are normally found outdoors (basketball and hockey nets, bikes, lawn mowers, wheel barrows, rain barrels etc.) to help identify it as being out for pick up.
- Move outdoor items away from the end of your driveway or property so they are not accidentally taken for collection.
All items must be less than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres x 0.9 metres) and weigh less than 200 lbs. (90 kg).
Remember during large item weeks to keep items that are not to be collected (basketball nets, bikes, wheel barrows etc.) away from the end of your driveway so they are not accidentally picked up.
For various items not collected, they may be accepted at:
- One of the Eco Stations located in Edmonton,
- Edmonton Waste Management Centre, located at 250 Aurum Road, Edmonton
Do you have unwanted household items that are reusable?
Check out your options for disposing of unwanted reusable items