Burning household garbage

Strathcona County residents are not permitted to burn household garbage on properties smaller than five acres. Burning plastics, food scraps and other garbage are not allowed. They're also harmful to the environment. Residents with properties five acres or more should reference Emergency Services for more information.

Here are recycling stations and other options for disposal of household waste.

Recycle at Strathcona County Recycling Stations

  • Broadview Enviroservice Station, 101 Broadview Road, Sherwood Park
  • Ardrossan Recycling Station, Ardrossan Recreation Complex
  • South Cooking Lake Recycling Station at the South Cooking Lake Fire Hall (the last weekend of every month)

Broadview Enviroservice Station
Provides year-round disposal of household hazardous waste, electronics, paint, motor oil and appliances.

Clover Bar Landfill
North of Highway 16 on Meridian Street
Minimum disposal fee is $17.
780-442-5311 for 24-hour recorded information.

Fort Saskatchewan Transfer and Recycling Station
8609 - 111 Street, Fort Saskatchewan.
780-992-6152 for hours and rates.

Lindbrook Transfer Station
Less than one kilometre south of Highway 14 on Range Road 201.
780-662-2704 for hours and rates.

Consider Weekly waste collection
Strathcona County offers weekly collection service to all County residents. It's convenient and economical. Large items are also picked up twice a year.

Related pages

Last updated: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Page ID: 39923