Call for Submissions
Strathcona County Art Gallery@501 is now welcoming exhibition submissions from artists and curators.
Completed submissions may be submitted and will be accepted throughout the year. A gallery floor plan (179.7 KB) is available to help with your planning.
Submissions should include the following information and documentation:
- A one page artist statement describing the exhibition or body of work proposed (including the curatorial premise, if you are a curator).
- Images of the proposed work or works in progress and some indication of previous works. For each artwork proposed, please submit proper documentation including a list of titles, sizes, media and dates.
- Selected previous exhibition catalogues of artist's work or curatorial writing (if any) and selected recent exhibition reviews (if any).
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
Please indicate if you are interested in being considered for a solo or group exhibition. Strathcona County Art Gallery@501 will be presenting an average of six exhibits per year. Gallery exhibitions usually last between six and seven weeks.
- Exhibits shall be chosen by the curator and may be selected from a curatorial process or from submissions (artists / curators).
- Gallery @501 shall strive to self-generate a minimum of two exhibitions per year from the professional Alberta arts community.
- Artists fees recommended by CARFAC shall be paid to artists involved in exhibits self-generated.
Applications may be sent via email or a physical copy may be mailed or delivered to the gallery.
For email submissions please ensure all written material is in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document and images and/or video documentation of proposed work is in .jpeg or .wmv file format and submit to:
For mailed submissions please include a physical copy of all written material and load images and/or video documentation of proposed work onto a USB drive in .jpeg or .wmv file format and send to:
Brenda Barry Byrne, Curator
Strathcona County Art Gallery@501
#120, 501 Festival Avenue
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 4X3
If you wish for your materials to be returned please also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.