Bedroom safety tips
- In case of a fire, have two ways out.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Keep space heaters away from bedding or other combustible.
- Sleep with your bedroom door closed. If your smoke alarm sounds, feel the door before opening. If the door feels hot to the touch, use the alternate exit.
- Always remember to crawl low under smoke.
- Install smoke alarms on every storey and outside sleeping areas. For added protection, install a smoke alarm in every bedroom.
- If people have been smoking in your home, check behind the chair and sofa cushions for cigarette butts before going to bed.
A house fire can become life-threatening within three minutes.