- Turn hot water heater thermostat to less than 50 degrees C (medium setting) to prevent risk of scalding.
- Keep dryer lint catch clean and clear.
- Never store flammable fuels (e.g. gasoline, camp fuel and propane) inside your home.
- Store all combustibles safely.
- Ensure there is a minimum clearance of 1 metre around all gas fired appliances (furnace and hot water tank) and that no combustibles are stored behind or beside these units.
Strathcona County: Fire ban update
Effective May 31, the fire ban has been reduced to a fire restriction. Fire and firework permits are still suspended. This includes open fires such as brush fires and bonfires, and burn barrels.
Outdoor recreational fire pits and all barbecues are now permitted. Recreational fire pits must be in a contained non-combustible structure and have a screen. Visit strathcona.ca/fireban for more information or call 780-400-2010.