The following list and links provide information that may be required for your wellsite project.
Locate contact for County infrastructure 780-467-7785 and for street lighting and other County facilities contact 780-417-7100.
- Access approach (link to application and design standards) – Provide location of approach on survey plans. Below is a list of things that should be included on the drawings attached with an approach application.
• PDF format
• Directional arrow- North
• All roads labeled with civic and legal address
• Dimensions for access and distance from closest intersection
• Proposed access to be highlighted
• Other roads information
- Design and Construction Standards
- Heartland and Rural Road Master Plan
- Specialized Municipality Order in Council
- See www.strathcona.ca for updates on County road bans.
- Applicable road widening will be provided in the project submission response Note: Strathcona County Capital Planning and Construction can stipulate development offset.
- Wetland policy
- Erosion and sediment control plan
- Notification to Elk Island National Park (if within a Legal Land Section distance)
- Migratory Bird Convention Act and Owl survey
- Clubroot Management
- County Seed mix
- Landspray location
- Weed control
Strathcona County Protocol
- Notification and consultation - sample notification letter
- School bus information
- Water well testing
- Communication of setbacks with adjacent
- Vegetation disposal method
- Emergency response plan and procedures
- Estimated number of employees on site (during construction)
- Run-off containment
- Survey – include:
• Identification of all permanent structures
• Property factors (residence, creek, highway
• storage location of hazardous materials
• Access routes
- Maintenance schedule of emergency equipment
- Detection systems
- Burn permits