Strathcona County’s Arterial Road Rehabilitation program includes upgrades to improve the safety and quality of County roadways, including work on both concrete (sidewalk, curb, medians, etc.) and asphalt.
Locations for 2023
The following arterial roads are scheduled for improvements under this program in 2022 (all start dates are tentative):
- Baseline Road
- From Broadmoor Boulevard to Clover Bar Road
- 17 street
- Baseline Road intersection re-surfacing
Visit the CountyWorks construction web map to see locations of all projects.
The process takes approximately two to three weeks to complete, weather permitting, and is completed in multiple phases.
- Phase 1: Removal and replacement of concrete, adjusting existing structures (manholes, water valves, catch basins, etc.)
- Phase 2: Milling of the existing asphalt
- Phase 3: Asphalt overlay surface course
- Phase 4: Line painting, landscaping, etc.
What to expect
- Digital message boards will be placed at least five days prior to the construction start date in order to provide motorists and area residents with notification.
- During daytime operations, motorists can expect lane closures, speed reductions, and uneven or rough pavement surfaces.
- Milling and paving operations may be completed at night, and will include directional closures, or multiple lane closures with major delays.
Please note: Weather can cause unexpected delays. Although we strive to maintain schedules, timeline changes may be required.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Submit a road construction inquiry
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.