Performing arts programs
Registered programs update
Please note that the following registered programs have been cancelled due to the provincial restrictions currently in place: swimming, adult fitness, youth sport programs and skating lessons, and performing arts programs. All affected registered participants will be contacted directly and receive an automatic pro-rated refund.
Programs that are still running include:
- Virtual programs coming soon!
- Visual Arts programs at Smeltzer House and Gallery@501
- PreK programs
- Private cross country ski lessons at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
Read the full news release.
Winter program registration
- Registration is on now for winter PreK and Outdoor Pursuits programs, including cross country ski lessons.
- Winter Visual Arts programs at Gallery@501 and Smeltzer House and virtual programming will be available for viewing on Recreation Online beginning Wednesday, December 9.
- Registration for winter Visual Arts programs and virtual programs will begin on Wednesday, December 16 at 7 a.m. (classes start in January
- Registration for all other winter programs currently affected by the restrictions in place (adult fitness, child / youth sports and skating, swimming, and performing arts) will begin in mid-January 2021 with programs starting at the end of January and start of February. More details to come.
Performing Arts registration
Check back for updates!
Registration tip: Log into your Recreation Online account before searching for programs or adding them to your cart.
Learn about the changes in place and different class formats to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community below.
Release your creative freedom! Participating in performing arts allows you to discover a new way expressing yourself. Transport yourself into a world of imagination, joy and wonder. Classes are designed for all skill levels.
Programs offered - ON HOLD DUE TO PROVINCIAL RESTRICTIONS
The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. All programs have been created to meet Alberta Health Services guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Dance programs offered:
- Drama / acting programs offered:
New procedures and guidelines
We’re excited to welcome you to performing arts programs. Thank you for helping to keep our staff and participants safe by following the guidelines listed below.
- Classes will focus more on individual skill and creativity building. Final class performances will be created following Alberta Health Services guidelines for safety.
- Festival Place staff and instructors have been trained in new protocols around cleaning and visitor safety and will follow all Alberta Health Services and Strathcona County guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 pre-screening questions are asked of each participant when they arrive.
- Participants must stay home if they are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face masks must be worn by all individuals 10 years of age or older in all common areas (hallways, washroom, etc.); masks are not required while participating in the program.
- Hand sanitizer is available – participants will be asked to use it when entering and leaving the program space.
- Participants will maintain a physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from each other and the instructor. We have a large teaching space to enable our programs to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place including the cleaning of any teaching equipment used after each class.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Parents are to pick up and drop off participants in designated area.
- Only instructors and participants are allowed in the program classroom / area.
- Specific details will be emailed prior to the first class.
- There is a one-way flow for traffic entering and exiting our facilities.
- If you need to speak to your child's instructor, please do so while maintaining a physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet), if inside the facility a mask is required.
We are constantly learning and adapting to changes and new best practices. If you have questions or concerns about your experience – please connect with us.
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect