Performing arts programs
Virtual programs - register today!
Have fun, get creative and enjoy our interactive performing arts programs from the comfort of your home. Participating in performing arts allows you to discover a new way expressing yourself. Transport yourself into a world of imagination, joy and wonder. Classes are designed for all skill levels. These are live classes lead by Strathcona County's experienced and qualified instructors, offered through Microsoft Teams. Click on the program types listed below to find course details and to register.
Register for virtual programs with Recreation Online or call 780-467-2211 (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) for assistance. Find the full Performing Arts virtual program information and schedule.
Registered programs update
Spring Break programs coming soon!
Watch for our Spring Break program schedule and registration to open on Monday, March 8 on Recreation Online. Programs will include virtual and outdoor options.
Programs that are still running include:
- Virtual programs – register today!
- Cross country skiing lessons at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Outdoor pop-up preschool programs – register today!
In person programs are currently on hold due to the provincial health restrictions in place. Check back for updates.
The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. All programs have been created to meet Alberta Health Services guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Dance programs offered:
- Drama / acting programs offered:
New procedures and guidelines
We’re excited to welcome you to performing arts programs. Thank you for helping to keep our staff and participants safe by following the guidelines listed below.
- Classes will focus more on individual skill and creativity building. Final class performances will be created following Alberta Health Services guidelines for safety.
- Festival Place staff and instructors have been trained in new protocols around cleaning and visitor safety and will follow all Alberta Health Services and Strathcona County guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 pre-screening questions are asked of each participant when they arrive.
- Participants must stay home if they are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face masks must be worn by all individuals 2 years of age or older in all common areas (hallways, washroom, etc.) and classroom areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available – participants will be asked to use it when entering and leaving the program space.
- Participants will maintain a physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from each other and the instructor. We have a large teaching space to enable our programs to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place including the cleaning of any teaching equipment used after each class.
Drop-off and pick-up
- Parents are to pick up and drop off participants in designated area.
- Only instructors and participants are allowed in the program classroom / area.
- Specific details will be emailed prior to the first class.
- There is a one-way flow for traffic entering and exiting our facilities.
- If you need to speak to your child's instructor, please do so while maintaining a physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet), if inside the facility a mask is required.
We are constantly learning and adapting to changes and new best practices. If you have questions or concerns about your experience – please connect with us.
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect