As of September 13
- Council directed administration to pause work on the project and to finalize the design, scope and budget in 2025/2026, with construction to commence in 2027, subject to budget approval.
- Based on this direction, the project team is in the process of summarizing the design work completed to date so that it can be used as the foundation when the design process resumes in 2025.
- Administration will continue to monitor community needs and investigate if there are other sources of funding, such as grants or sponsorships, to support the funding of the project.
- Once the project resumes, further engagement and re-assessment of community needs will be completed to confirm the scope
A central, accessible site has been selected for the proposed multi-use indoor fieldhouse. The site is located east of Broadmoor Boulevard on Buckingham Drive (595.9 KB) , and is central to Millennium Place and Centennial Park, Bethel Transit Terminal, Emerald Hills Leisure Centre and Sally Stewart Regional Park.
Learn more about why the location was chosen.
Community groups and residents provided opinions to help guide this project. Read the reports below.
- Detailed design initial user feedback (1.9 MB)
- Initial community group survey (3.5 MB)
- Initial resident survey (2.6 MB)
Presentations to Council
Community groups eNewsletter
Are you a representative of a community group or sport organization interested in the development of the proposed fieldhouse? Sign up for the enewsletter to say informed.