Storing and cleaning your carts
- Carts can be stored anywhere on your property - in your garage, by your house or in a shed. Keep them in a shaded, cool spot.
- Clean the carts the same way you would clean a garbage can - rinse them periodically to wash off any debris. Empty all the water from the cart and allow it to dry completely.
Damaged, lost or stolen carts
- Lids should open and close easily. Strathcona County will replace any cart that breaks or cracks through normal use.
- If your cart is damaged or needs repairs, call Strathcona County.
- Carts must not be altered or painted. Carts that are damaged by improper use or abuse will be subject to a replacement and service fee.
Each cart has a serial number corresponding with the property. This helps identify your cart and helps locate and return lost carts.
The carts are the property of Strathcona County and must remain with the property if you move. If you want to identify your carts, you can attach a tag (such as a luggage tag) to your cart with your house number on it. Please do not spray paint or alter your carts.