Broadmoor Lake Park
Updates and notices
Remember to stay home when sick, wash or sanitize your hands often and follow all Alberta Health Services guidelines for physical distancing and gathering restrictions.
Learn more about Strathcona County’s response to COVID-19.
Coined Strathcona County’s Festival Hub, Broadmoor Lake Park has seasonal and year-round amenities available to the public. Broadmoor Lake Park has plenty of parking and bicycle racks available for visitors throughout the year. Amenities include:
- 3 km’s of asphalt trails
- Seating, including benches and picnic areas, overlooking Broadmoor Lake
- Accessible playground, with access to public washrooms
- Spray park
- 3 sand volleyball courts, open to public to use on first come, first serve basis
- 2 sports fields (bookable full-size fields – 110 x 65) – To book call 780-467-2211
- Wall handball court, open to public to use on first come, first serve basis
- Edible gardens
- Shale running track, with a skating pathway in the winter
- Picnic Shelter (bookable)
Broadmoor Lake Park is also host to many events through the year including:
- Canada Day Celebrations
- New Years Eve Celebrations
- Celebration of Lights
- “Everybody Gets to Play” Play Day’s
- Host site of the Sherwood Park Farmers Market (May through October)
Visit the Strathcona County Community Calendar for information about upcoming events.
Interested in booking the Broadmoor Lake Picnic Shelter?
The picnic shelter can be booked for events from the first week in May through to September 30 and is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The picnic shelter can be used free of charge from October 1 – April 30 on a first come, first serve basis. (Note: the shelter will be closed when the temperature falls below 15 degrees Celsius, or during a snowfall.)
The picnic shelter offers the following amenities:
- 5 picnic tables
- Large fire pit
- Counter space with sink/running water (May through September only)
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Access to power
- Adjacent to spray park and playground
- Washroom access (Sherwood Park Arena and Kinsmen Leisure Centre)
- there is no firewood or BBQ pit (you may bring your own wood or BBQ to cook food)
- Alcohol and smoking are not allowed
- Minimum 7 days’ notice to book
Further information or booking availability