Top 3 driver errors at intersections:
- making a left turn across the path of an on-coming vehicle
- committing a stop sign violation
- disobeying a traffic signal
- Drive defensively - Even when you have the right of way, it may not be safe to proceed through the intersection.
- Come to a full stop at stop signs and proceed only when it is safe to do so -- It's the law.
- Stop at red lights - even when turning right.
- Stop for pedestrians - Pedestrians have the right of way at all un-signalized intersections, whether the crosswalk is marked or unmarked.
- Slow down – Be prepared to stop as you approach an intersection
- Never speed up to make a yellow light.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Page ID: 50454