What do I do during extreme weather?
Extreme weather can happen during any season in Alberta. Are you prepared to take care of you and your family in case of an emergency?
In a winter storm or in extreme cold
- listen to your local radio, television or weather station for updated reports and emergency information
- eat regularly and drink ample fluids, but avoid caffeine and alcohol
- avoid overexertion when shovelling snow; overexertion can bring on a heart attack which is a major cause of death in the winter months. If you must shovel snow, stretch before going outside.
- watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia
- watch for updates on the winter roads webpage
What do I do in a
SC Alerts Sign up today
Are you prepared? Steps for 72 hours of preparedness