Council's principal role
Section 201 - Municipal Government Act 201
- A Council is responsible for
- developing and evaluating the policies and programs of the municipality;
- making sure that the powers, duties and functions of the municipality are
appropriately carried out;
- carrying out the powers, duties and functions expressly given to it under this or any other enactment.
- A Council must not exercise a power or function or perform a duty that is by this or another enactment or bylaw specifically assigned to the chief administrative officer or a designated officer.