We're proud to have Alberta's first fleet of double-decker buses.
Our double-decker buses:
- comfortably seat 80 passengers
- are fully accessible, low-floor transit bus
- feature high-backed, cushioned seats
- are outfitted with a bike racks
In total, Strathcona County Transit has 24 double-decker buses, costing approximately $24.3 M total. The purchase of these buses has been made possible through various grants over the past 10 years as we have grown our double-decker fleet including:
- $14.1 M in provincial funding (Green TRIP, Small Communities, and Alberta Basic Municipal Transportation grants)
- $5.5 M in Federal grants
- $4.7 M provided by Strathcona County.
The double-decker is 4.27m (14') tall
The upper deck has a clearance of 5' 7 3/8" or 168 cm. There is no standing on the upper deck.
The lower deck has a clearance of 6' 9" or 202 cm clearance at the front of the bus and 5'10" at the back.
Ride a double-decker
The double-decker buses are used for service to Edmonton on routes 401, 404, 411, 413 and 414 on weekdays.
Double-deckers generally do not run on weekends. They are used for special events in the County including the New Year's Eve Festival and Canada Day shuttle services.
Double-decker buses now depart from both Bethel Transit Terminal and Ordze Transit Centre.
If you would like to ride a double-decker bus call 780-464-RIDE (7433) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday to find out when our double-deckers are running.