New mandatory restrictions to programs for Strathcona County
The new mandatory restrictions from the province include the cancellation of the following programs from November 13 to 27:
- Group fitness classes (dry land and aquatic)
- Swimming lessons
- Child / Youth sport classes including Sportball
- Skating lessons
- Performing Arts including theatre and dance programs (start date postponed)
Programs that will continue to run as scheduled include:
- Visual Arts programs at Smeltzer House and Gallery@501
- PreK programs
- Outdoor Pursuits programs at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
All affected registered participants will be contacted directly and receive an automatic pro-rated refund.
Register today for visual arts programs!
Strathcona County offers visual arts programming out of two locations, Gallery@501 and Smeltzer House. Registration is on now for all fall visual arts programs. Visual arts includes everything from pottery, glass fusing, photography, fibre art, sewing, clay, painting, soapstone and more. Programs are designed to introduce students to new disciplines, or hone existing skills. We also offer programs for private groups and schools.
Programs have been created to meet all Alberta Health Services Guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Gallery@501 programs include:
- Adult – Make & Take Art Workshops
- 55+ Art Classes
- Children’s Art Classes
- Homeschool Art Classes
- Family Fun@501
Smeltzer House programs include: