Recreation and Culture Strategy Advisory Committee
Advisory Committee Applicants
Thank you to those who applied for the Advisory Committee. Applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Terms of Reference – Recreation and Culture Strategy Advisory Committee
The application process is now closed for the Recreation and Culture Strategy Advisory Committee. Thank you to those who applied.
Ideal applicants would meet the below requirements:
- Have previous volunteer experience
- Have experience with multiple groups/types of activities related to recreation, parks and culture
- Do not represent only one specific sport/association, but can speak for residents involved across multiple activities/groups
Below are the commitment requirements from successful applicants
- Available for five to seven meetings (up to three hours long) during the evenings between April 2018 through September 2019
- Able to invest 30 - 60 minutes reviewing materials/documents in advance of each meeting
Please note this is just one engagement opportunity for the strategy. There will be additional opportunities throughout the strategy development for community groups, sport associations and Strathcona County residents to be involved.
Purpose of the Committee
The Advisory Committee members will be comprised of a broad and diverse sounding board of people that will provide strategic advice to the Steering Committee on the development of Recreation, Parks and Culture’s strategy; ensuring that it meets the needs of the County and is realistic and feasible to implement. The Advisory Committee members will take a systems-level view of the Strategy and ensure that the different inputs into it, including literature, trends and best practices, internal expertise, and public and stakeholder input, areas of focus and priorities are robust, given due consideration, and are appropriately balanced to get the best result.
This 12-year strategy will replace the County’s existing Open Space and Recreation Facility Strategy (OSFRS).
Recreation, Parks and Culture