Strathcona County: Fire ban update
Effective May 31, the fire ban has been reduced to a fire restriction. Fire and firework permits are still suspended. This includes open fires such as brush fires and bonfires, and burn barrels.
Outdoor recreational fire pits and all barbecues are now permitted. Recreational fire pits must be in a contained non-combustible structure and have a screen. Visit strathcona.ca/fireban for more information or call 780-400-2010.
Administration office Fire Station 6, 915 Bison Way, Sherwood Park
Administrative phone: 780-467-5216
Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Burning regulations in Strathcona County.
- Wildfire risk reduction strategies (FireSmart).
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Emergency preparedness training
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- Ambulance patient care survey
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.
For property-related file search requests
- Fire stations
- Our history
- About Emergency Services
- Learn how to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
- Strathcona County's Emergency guide
- Community Safety Education
- Wildfire risk reduction (FireSmart)
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency notification in Strathcona County
- Fire Prevention and Investigation
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates