The Government of Alberta announced the Open for Summer Plan based on vaccination thresholds and hospitalizations. The Province is rolling out their vaccination program to eligible Albertans. Mask wearing continues to be mandatory. Mental health and business supports are available. View the current Strathcona County COVID-19 case count.
- Text with 9-1-1 service available in Strathcona County, starting August 1. This service is intended for the deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired communities. Register your mobile phone.
- Use a metal can with sand or a commercially-made ashtray to extinguish smoking materials. If throwing butts into the black cart, completely extinguish them first.
- Check your smoke alarms every month by either pushing the test button to ensure there is power, connect with Emergency Services (firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-464-8468) to book an appointment for a safety educator to test it for you, or follow the alarm manufacturer's instructions for testing. A working smoke alarm saves lives.
- Learn more about burning regulations in Strathcona County. Fire permit holders must call 780-464-8464 or text the word "BURN" to 587-340-3696 before burning to find out if burning is allowed at that time.
- I want to learn more about wildfire risk reduction strategies (FireSmart).
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Emergency preparedness training
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- I would like to provide feedback on my recent experience using the ambulance service in Strathcona County.
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Tell me about Emergency Services.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.
For property-related file search requests
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.