Strathcona County continues to take measures to support Alberta Health Services’ direction to stop the spread of COVID-19. View the latest facility openings and closures. Mental health supports available. For more information, visit strathcona.ca/covid19
- Text with 9-1-1 service available in Strathcona County, starting August 1. This service is intended for the deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired communities. Register your mobile phone.
- Use a metal can with sand or a commercially-made ashtray to extinguish smoking materials. If throwing butts into the black cart, completely extinguish them first.
- Check your smoke alarms every month by either pushing the test button to ensure there is power, connect with Emergency Services (email@example.com or 780-464-8468) to book an appointment for a safety educator to test it for you, or follow the alarm manufacturer's instructions for testing. A working smoke alarm saves lives.
- Learn more about burning regulations in Strathcona County. Fire permit holders must call 780-464-8464 or text the word "BURN" to 587-340-3696 before burning to find out if burning is allowed at that time.
- I want to learn more about wildfire risk reduction strategies (FireSmart).
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Emergency preparedness training
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- I would like to provide feedback on my recent experience using the ambulance service in Strathcona County.
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Tell me about Emergency Services.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.
For property-related file search requests
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.