Fire ban in effect
A fire ban has been declared for all of Strathcona County, effective immediately. The ban applies to Sherwood Park and all rural areas and hamlets. Until further notice, no outdoor fires are permitted. This includes burn barrels, fireworks, recreational fire pits and charcoal barbecues, including in campgrounds / parks. The use of propane appliances such as barbeques, are permitted. All fire permits are suspended until the ban is lifted. Info www.strathcona.ca/fireban or 780-400-2010.
Administration office Fire Station 6, 915 Bison Way, Sherwood Park
Administrative phone: 780-467-5216
Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Burning regulations in Strathcona County.
- Wildfire risk reduction strategies (FireSmart).
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Emergency preparedness training
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- Ambulance patient care survey
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.