As of March 20, all Strathcona County in-person services are closed to the public; however phone and email support continue to be available. All indoor and outdoor recreation facilities and hard surface play areas are closed until June 15, 2020. This measure supports Alberta Health’s priority to limit larger social gatherings in our community. Mental health supports available. For more information, visit strathcona.ca/covid19
- Text with 9-1-1 service available in Strathcona County, starting August 1. This service is intended for the deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired communities. Register your mobile phone.
- Use a metal can with sand or a commercially-made ashtray to extinguish smoking materials. If throwing butts into the black cart, completely extinguish them first.
- Check your smoke alarms every month by either pushing the test button to ensure there is power, connect with Emergency Services (email@example.com or 780-464-8468) to book an appointment for a safety educator to test it for you, or follow the alarm manufacturer's instructions for testing. A working smoke alarm saves lives.
- Learn more about burning regulations in Strathcona County. Fire permit holders must call 780-464-8464 or text the word "BURN" to 587-340-3696 before burning to find out if burning is allowed at that time.
- I want to learn more about wildfire risk reduction strategies (FireSmart).
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Emergency preparedness training
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- I would like to provide feedback on my recent experience using the ambulance service in Strathcona County.
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Tell me about Emergency Services.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.
For property-related file search requests
Current business plan
2019-2022 Emergency Services business plan (351.7 KB)
2015-2018 Business plan and progress reports: