There are six courts available for booking at the Glen Allan Recreation Complex:
- Courts 1 and 2 are squash courts
- Courts 3 and 4 have moveable walls, and can therefore be used for either squash or racquetball
- Courts 5 and 6 are racquetball courts
Court activities may also include handball or wallyball.
Court booking procedures
- Through RecOnline
- Booking can also be done in person or by phone (780-467-4404)
- The name given for the court booking is SOLEY responsible for that court. They are accountable for any cancellations, no shows and payments
- No more than one court per person per day can be booked
- You cannot book or cancel a court for someone else
- Un-booked courts are available on a first come, first serve basis
- All players must check in at the reception desk prior to their booked court time to receive a wristband for proof of payment
- There is a 15 minute window for check in. If no check in or late cancellation, the court will be considered a no show
How far in advance can I book a court?
- Courts 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 can be booked up to 7 days in advance (to the minute)
- Court 3 can be booked 3 days in advance (to the minute)
- Players wishing to re-book their current court time for one week in advance must do so at the beginning of their booked court time.
- No assumptions will be made for advance booking courts; it is the player’s responsibility to re-book the court time
4. What activities can be played on the courts?Permanent link to What activities can be played on the courts?
Squash can be played on courts 1 to 4
Racquetball and handball can be played on courts 3 to 6
Wallyball can be played on courts 4 to 6
What equipment rentals are available?
- Racquets are available to rent for $2.00
- Balls are available to rent for $1.00
- Wallyball equipment included in rental
6. What eye guards and footwear requirements are there?Permanent link to What eye guards and footwear requirements are there?
- Eye protection is strongly recommended for all court users
- Eye protection is available at no charge and can be picked up at the front desk
- All players must wear non-marking, clean indoor shoes while playing on courts. Bare feet and sole marking shoes will not be accepted.
What happens during special events?
- Advance notices will be posted to inform court users about court closures for tournaments or special events.
8. What happens in the event of a no show?Permanent link to What happens in the event of a no show?
- First no show or late cancellation will result in a verbal warning and loss of booking privileges for the following week
- Second no show or late cancellation will result in written and/or verbal warning and loss of booking privileges for the following week
- Third no show or late cancellation will result in the loss booking privileges for the following week and a fee of $32.00 being applied to the players account.
What is the policy for cancellations?
- Cancellations made 3 hours prior to the court booking time will be granted the opportunity to rebook for the following week.
- Cancellations made less than 3 hours prior to the court booking time will be considered a no show and advanced booking privileges will be lost for the following week. The name given for the court booking is SOLEY responsible for that court. They are accountable for any cancellations
- Courts 1 & 2 are booked at the top of the hour (ex. 5pm, 6pm)
- Moveable wall courts 3 & 4 are booked at the quarter past the hour (ex.5:15, 6:15)
- Courts 5 & 6 are booked at half past the hour (ex. 5:30, 6:30)
- Courts are bookable for a 60 minute period
11. When are single players able to use the courts?Permanent link to When are single players able to use the courts?
- Single players can use the courts Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last updated: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Page ID: 49316