Seismic Project Information
The following list and links provide information that may be required for your project.
Note: Cutting of trees or use of dynamite on County lands will not be permitted. Strathcona County does not allow seismic surveying on County roads or in County roads rights-of-ways.
Strathcona County Protocol
- Notification and consultation – Notification request may be beyond AER requirements. The following letter provides an example of notification – sample notification letter and accompanying fact sheet
- School bus information
- Water well testing
- Locate contact for County infrastructure 780-467-7785
- ROWCAP (required) Please indicate if using seismic lines across County roads in winter.
- Access approach (link).
- Below is a list of things that should be included on the drawings attached with an approach application.
- PDF format
- Directional arrow- North
- All roads labeled with civic and legal address
- Dimensions for access and distance from closest intersection
- Proposed access to be highlighted
- Specialized Municipality Order in Council
- Low impact seismic methods
- Vegetation removal plan
- Re-vegetation plan
- Notification to Elk Island National Park (if within a Legal Land Section distance)
- Migratory Bird Act (see http://www.ec.gc.ca/nature/default.asp?lang=En&n=496E2702-1 ) and Owl Survey
- Clubroot Management plan and weed control
- Burn permit
- Project timelines
Thank you. A copy of this list will be provided with our response. Please refer to links provided for requests, standards and applications.