Starting a business
A step-by-step plan
With over 11,000 businesses and a regional market of over one million people, Strathcona County is an ideal location to start your business. The Economic Development and Tourism department is here to support you through the process.
This section provides you with a valuable, step-by-step plan for starting your business.
- Start with a Business Plan
- Do your market research
- Choosing your site
- Permits, licences and registration
- Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
- Further information (advice, consultation, mentorship)
See also: resources from other websites
- Canada Business Network - before starting your business
- Business Link - offering unbiased and free support and advice from business advisors, specialists, and local experts, along with learning and networking events
- Alberta Small Business Resources