Starting a business
A step-by-step plan
With over 11,000 businesses and a regional market of over one million people, Strathcona County is an ideal location to start your business. The Economic Development and Tourism department is here to support you through the process.
This section provides you with a valuable, step-by-step plan for starting your business.
- Start with a Business Plan
- Do your market research
- Choosing your site
- Permits, licences and registration
- Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
- Further information (advice, consultation, mentorship)
See also: resources from other websites
- Canada Business Network - before starting your business
- Business Link - provides customized business advice and support for entrepreneurs navigating building, running and growing their own businesses. They provide one-on-one support and guidance, market research, access to experts, training, networking opportunities, and specialized support for Indigenous and immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Alberta Small Business Resources