CLAIM SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
- Obtain a claim form and complete as directed, attaching all relevant information, repair quotes, and photos, if applicable.
- Send in the claim form by fax, email, mail or delivery to:
Financial Services, Risk Management
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Claim forms can also be obtained from the information desk at County Hall, by emailing Risk Management or by calling 780-400-2025.
- The Risk Management department will then contact the responsible service department and conduct an investigation of the claim to determine whether the County was negligent and whether liability for the damage lies with the County.
- A response will be provided to you by mail within 30 days of receipt of your claim, advising of the decision and your next steps, if applicable.
- You may also be contacted by a claims adjuster appointed by the County, depending on the nature and extent of your claim.
PLEASE NOTE: Strathcona County does not automatically accept liability for any damage until the circumstances have been investigated. Any determination of liability will be subject to the provisions of the Municipal Government Act of Alberta.