Never forget collection day again!
We have several ways for you to get your waste collection calendar.
- In the mail. Calendars are delivered by Canada Post in mid-February (if you do not accept "unaddressed admail" from Canada Post, you will not receive a calendar in the mail).
- Create a reminder using our calendar widget
- View it online
- App for iPhone and Android
- Fridge Friendly calendar - search for your address in the calendar widget below and then choose "get calendar"
- Pick one up at one of our County facilities
- Want to learn more about what goes where? Try our waste sorting game.
Collection and use of personal information
This personal information is being collected in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Section 3 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33. It will be used for the sole purpose of providing waste collection reminders and related notifications. Privacy and Security Statement. Strathcona County uses Vancouver-based ReCollect (ReCollect Systems Inc.)
April 2016 to March 2017 calendar
Want to print off a full version of the calendar?
The calendar (2.4 MB) will open and there will be a print option in the menu. However, we encourage residents to pick up a calendar or we will mail one to you. Our printed version uses one of the most environmentally friendly papers available, plus it uses less paper compared to printing the full version off the website.
Printed copies will be available in March to pickup at:
- County Hall, 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex, 80-1 Avenue, Ardrossan
- Heartland Hall, 55305 Range Road 214
- Millennium Place, 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Public Services Yard, 370 Streambank Ave., Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre, 52535 Range Road 212
If you would like one mailed to you, contact Utilities at 780-449-5514.
One page calendars
To get a fridge-friendly calendar, type your address in the Collection Schedules finder above. Click on "get a calendar" and follow the prompts to print your one-page calendar.
Waste collection is available to all Strathcona County residents. To subscribe to this service call:
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Collection is on a fixed-day schedule. If your collection day is Tuesday, it will always be Tuesday. Waste will be collected between 7:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. If your collection was missed, call Utilities the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
On your collection day
- Put out your waste or organics cart and recycling for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Make sure your cart lid is completely closed. Overfilled carts will not get collected.
- Leave one metre clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Make sure access to roll-out carts is clear
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics
- Make sure your carts weigh less than 200 lbs otherwise they may not be able to be picked up and emptied
Are you new to the County or have you moved? Your waste collection services may have changed.
Thank you for your cooperation!