Everybody Gets To Play
Everybody Gets to Play™ is a program aimed at increasing access to recreation services for residents who have a limited income, with no cost drop-in recreational opportunities as well as registered program opportunities at a reduced fee through our Recreation Access Program.
The Recreation Access Program offers:
- An annual Millennium Card at no cost valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Up to four registered programs* for children and youth each year at a 75 per cent discount off the regular fee.
- Up to three registered programs* for adults and seniors each year at a 75 per cent discount off the regular fee.
How to apply
- Download and fill out the PDF application:
- Contact Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044, to set up an appointment to speak with our Subsidy Administrator. Be sure to bring the completed application with you.
- We recommend that you call to make an appointment ahead of time. When applying, remember to bring identification (showing birth date and residency), proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income notice of assessment), and proof if GIS receipt if applicable.
Who qualifies for the program?
Strathcona County residents. Family and Community Services determine qualification for the program based on financial need.
Strathcona County is pleased to partner with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities in providing access to recreation opportunities in sport and activity based programs to children aged 4-18.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is dedicated to removing barriers, so children can participate in organized sport and recreation.
Which recreational activities can I participate in?
This program applies to any drop-in activities offered through the Millennium Card and any registered recreation program (including visual arts and performing arts programs), directly operated by Strathcona County Recreation, Parks and Culture.
Looking for more information on subsidized recreation programs in Strathcona County?
Strathcona County is also pleased to partner with the following programs: