Family and Community Services
2016 Community Small Grants
Family and Community Services provides a variety of social programs to positively affect the quality of life for our residents. The social needs of our community are ever changing and preventative social initiatives are created to respond to community trends. We are committed to increasing the ability of individuals, families and communities to prevent or address social problems.
Family and Community Services is a partnership between the Alberta Government and Strathcona County. The department focuses on prevention, volunteerism, community development, local autonomy and accountability.
News and Upcoming Events
- Seniors Transportation Information Sessions - Learn about transportation services, subsidies and how to access them.
- Neighbours, Friends and Family - A free presentation on how you can help those affected by family violence.
- Community Small Grants Planning a neighbourhood event? We can help.
- Community Building Activities - Check out what you can do to get engaged in your community.
- Feeling Stressed? - Find out what supports are availble for you and your family during this economic downturn.
Family and Community Program Guide
Check out our comprehensive program guide for all residence of Strathcona County. We have programs for everyone:
- Kids of all ages
- Parents and young families
Life can be stressful? We can help.