Family and Community Services
Family and Community Services provides a variety of social programs to positively affect the quality of life for our residents. The social needs of our community are ever changing and preventative social initiatives are created to respond to community trends. We are committed to increasing the ability of individuals, families and communities to prevent or address social problems.
Family and Community Services is a partnership between the Alberta Government and Strathcona County. The department focuses on prevention, volunteerism, community development, local autonomy and accountability.
Creating a supported, safe and connected community in Strathcona County.
Thank you for taking part in Community Talk.
Find out more about the completion of Phase 1 and next steps as we move forward.
News and Upcoming Events
- Snow Busters Are you a resident of Strathcona County needing help with snow removal? Snow Busters can help.
- Community Building Activities - Check out what you can do to get engaged in your community.
- Neighbours, Friends and Family - A free presentation on how you can help those affected by family violence.
- Feeling Stressed? - Find out what supports are available for you and your family during this economic downturn.
Family and Community Program Guide
Check out our comprehensive program guide for all residence of Strathcona County. We have programs for everyone:
- Kids of all ages
- Parents and young families