Moyer Recreation Centre
54569 Range Road 215
You'll find us only 20 minutes outside of Sherwood Park , 7 km east of Fort Saskatchewan and 35 km east of Edmonton.
Book your social event of the year now. Rentals include a full range of amenities and services with spaces that will accommodate up to 500 people. The centre is home to Strathcona County's largest kitchen facility, a grand performance stage and a variety of recreation opportunities.
- Availability in 2013/14
- Frequently asked questions about Moyer banquet bookings
- banquet hall is 62' x 85' (5300 square feet)
- fully equipped kitchen and bar
- seating for up to 400 people (with tables) and 500 people (theatre style)
- stage area for band or D.J. complete with special effects lighting and a piano
- large parking lot with easy access to the building
- overnight camping/parking is permitted with a valid permit (available from facility staff)
- nearby accommodations
- regulation-size arena ice
- ball diamonds operated by the Josephburg Agricultural Society
- banquet hall
- tennis courts
- walking trails
Is your social function having alcohol service?
If you are booking space in Strathcona County's community halls, recreation centres or senior centres you are required to purchase Host Liquor Liability insurance in the amount of $2 million.
September 2013 Moyer Recreation Centre Survey
Thank you to everyone who completed the online questionnaire and sent us their feedback. Of the two options presented, the general opinion we received focused on replacing or repairing the existing infrastructure before considering new infrastructure.
The top priorities we heard from respondents were:
1.) To replace the commercial dishwasher in the kitchen.
2.) To purchase and install a motorized winch for the theatre lighting in the main hall.
Using the remaining balance of the grant funding received through the Government of Canada's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIF), Recreation, Parks and Culture will be moving forward with replacing the commercial dishwasher and installed a motorized winch to lower and raise the theatre lighting for the stage in the main hall.
This work will be scheduled over the next few months with an excepted completion time of Spring 2014.