Are you a woman living on a low income who wants to:
- Take control of your finances?
- Reduce debt?
- Save money?
- Feel empowered?
Come to Empower U and build confidence, save money and invest in you!
This program is a matched savings program with financial literacy learning sessions for women living on a low income.
Details about the Financial education:
- 11 session program
- Topics include: budgeting, credit, debt, relationship with money, wise spending, banking, etc.
- Wednesdays, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dates: (approx. every two weeks)
- October 14 & 28, 2015
- November 18, 2015
- December 9, 2015
- January 13 & 27, 2016
- February 10 & 24, 2016
- March 9 & 23, 2016
- April 6, 2016
- Held at the Parent Link Centre at 3 Spruce Avenue
- There will be a light meal and limited babysitting available
Details about the matched savings:
- For every $1.00 saved it gets matched with $2.00 (through ATB Financial)
- Asset being saved for must be:
- To improve their quality of life
- For Training and development
- For Education
Please call to see if you qualify and to get more details.