Strathcona Wilderness Centre Skiing and Snowshoeing
March 27, 2017
Our XC trails have succumbed to the spring meltdown, no further grooming is possible, and are thus the trails CLOSED to skiing.
Thanks to all our Nordic friends and enthusiasts for a great season!
Trails are open for hiking and running; please be aware of ice, water, mud, and other hazards as the meltdown continues.
Sign up for the Strathcona Wilderness Centre e-newsletter for weekly updates here.
Reminder: The front gate is locked at 4:30 p.m. No pets are allowed at the Wilderness Centre at any time.
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trail pass rates
|Age Category||Day pass||Season pass|
(Nov - Apr)
|Spring Season pass |
(Feb - Apr)
|Child (2-12 yr)||$2.50||$20||$10|
|Youth (13-17 yr)||$3.00||$24||$12|
The Millennium Card is valid for use at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Card holders need to check in at the Information Centre.
Rentals are now CLOSED for the season.
Ski and snowshoe equipment rental rates
|Child & Youth ski package (waxless)||$12.50|
|Adult ski package (waxless)||$15.50|
|Performance skate ski package|
(skis, boots and poles)
|All terrain snowshoes||$8.30|
|Baby glider (ski pulk)||$3.50|
The above rentals are based on:
- First come, first served - no reservations
- Complete packages and partial sets available
- Rentals for use only within the park
- Ski equipment rental rate is for up to 3 hours
- Baby glider and preschool skis rental rate for up to 2 hours
- Rentals available up to 2 hours before closing
- Skis must be returned 1 hour before closing
- Photo ID required to rent equipment
* all prices include GST.