Strathcona Wilderness Centre Skiing and Snowshoeing
February 17, 2017
Please call 780-922-3939 daily for updates on trail conditions and rentals. Trails are currently rated as poor, ski at your own risk. Cross country ski rentals are closed through to the weekend but snowshoe rentals are still available.
Rental hours will be from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. daily. Rentals are for up to three hours and the equipment is due back in the building by 3:30 p.m. daily.
Call 780-922-3939 for the latest trail conditions.
Sign up for the Strathcona Wilderness Centre e-newsletter for weekly updates here.
Reminder: The front gate is locked at 4:30 p.m. No pets are allowed at the Wilderness Centre at any time.
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trail pass rates
|Age Category||Day pass||Season pass|
(Nov - Apr)
|Spring Season pass |
(Feb - Apr)
|Child (2-12 yr)||$2.50||$20||$10|
|Youth (13-17 yr)||$3.00||$24||$12|
The Millennium Card is valid for use at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Card holders need to check in at the Information Centre.
Ski and snowshoe equipment rental rates
Cross country ski and snowshoe rentals will be available starting Saturday, January 9.
|Child & Youth ski package (waxless)||$12.50|
|Adult ski package (waxless)||$15.50|
|Performance skate ski package|
(skis, boots and poles)
|All terrain snowshoes||$8.30|
|Baby glider (ski pulk)||$3.50|
The above rentals are based on:
- First come, first served - no reservations
- Complete packages and partial sets available
- Rentals for use only within the park
- Ski equipment rental rate is for up to 3 hours
- Baby glider and preschool skis rental rate for up to 2 hours
- Rentals available up to 2 hours before closing
- Skis must be returned 1 hour before closing
- Photo ID required to rent equipment
* all prices include GST.